Boston’s Premier Legal Life Sciences Conference
Connecting Lawyers & Industry
The Boston Bar Association is excited to once again host its annual Life Sciences Conference! This is the premier legal conference for Boston-area life sciences practitioners and industry experts from in-house legal departments, law firms, academia, and government.
Each year we feature high-level plenary sessions, interactive breakout sessions, and robust networking. Our panelists include general counsel, entrepreneurs and business leaders, investors, regulators, and top lawyers who represent clients from throughout the life sciences sector on IP, transactional, and regulatory matters. Sessions will provide cutting edge industry knowledge and strategies that you can use to enhance your practice.
You won’t want to miss out on this year’s lineup of panel topics and speakers. Reserve your seat today, space is limited.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Registration & Networking Breakfast
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Digital Health and Digital Therapeutics
- Moderator: Anna L. Barry, PhD – Chief Legal Officer, Korro Bio
- Wade Ackerman – Partner and Co-Lead, Covington Digital Health team, Covington & Burling
- Brian Manning – Senior Vice President, Head of Growth, PatientPing
- Ronan O’Brien – General Counsel, Pear Therapeutics, Inc.
- Gregory Sieczkiewicz, Ph.D. – Executive Partner, Chief IP Counsel, MPM Capital
10:00 AM – 10:45 AM
Keynote: The Biotech Ecosystem: What’s legal got to do with it?
Nessan Bermingham, Ph.D. – Founder/President and CEO, Triplet Therapeutics
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
A Fork in the Road – Go Public, Stay Private, or Sell the Company?
- Moderator: Steven Wilcox – Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP
- Ben Auspitz – Partner, F-Prime
- Michael Higgins – Advisor, Polaris Partners
- William T. Whelan – Member, Co-chair, Life Sciences Practice, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
1:15 PM – 2:15 PM
Accounting for Life Sciences Deals (for Dummies)
- Gina Consylman – Senior Vice President & CFO, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
- Robert Fraga – Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Pam Kelleher – Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Marc Rubenstein – Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP
Trends in Qui Tam Litigation
- Moderator: Jack Cinquegrana – Partner, Practice Group Leader – Government Enforcement & Compliance, Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Amy Crafts – Chief, False Claims Division, Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General
- Suzanne Durrell – Attorney, Whistleblower Law Collaborative
- Doreen Rachal – Counsel, Sidley Austin LLP
- Jessica Weber – Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Strategies for Managing Law Firm and In-House Legal Department Relationships and Budget Priorities
- Moderator: Robin Walker – Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, Stoke Therapeutics
- Yalonda Howze – Partner, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- Tamara Joseph – General Counsel, Millendo Therapeutics
- Bob Licht – Partner, Choate Hall & Stewart
- Jennifer Zarutskie – Vice President & Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, Wave Life Sciences
University/Research Licensing Agreements
- Brenda Herschbach Jarrell, PhD – Practice Group Leader, Life Sciences & Intellectual Property, Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Juliana Leung – Director of Strategic Alliances & Licensing from the Broad Institute
- Karoline Shair – Vice President, Head Counsel, IP Program Portfolio, Biogen
3:45 PM – 4:45 PM
Evolving Your Board Through Biotech Inflec-tion Points: How to Transition, Attract, and Keep the Skills You Need to Successfully Navigate Transformational Change
- Moderator: Halley Gilbert – Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals
- Allene Diaz – Senior Vice President, R&D Portfolio Management at GSK (TESARO)
- Mike Donovan – Office Managing Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Stuart Falber – Partner, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Sarah Larson – Chief Human Re-sources Officer, Third Rock Ventures
- Jigar Raythatha – CEO, Constellation Pharmaceuticals
Hello From the Other Side of Signature: Lessons Learned From Living Under Collaboration Agreements
- Moderator: Farah Gerdes – Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Paige Goodwin – Vice President, Head of Transactions, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Chelsea Place Johnson – Senior Associate, Atlas Venture
- Jeanette Potts – Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Forma Therapeutics
- Laurence Reid – Consultant
- James Singleton – General Counsel, Waypoint Capital Services
- Rhonda Wideman – External R&D and Alliances, Zymeworks Inc.
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Robin Walker (Co-Chair)
Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer
Marc A. Rubenstein (Co-Chair)
Ropes & Gray LLP
Anna L. Barry, P.h.D.
Chief Legal Officer
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Senior Vice President, Corporate Development & Chief Administrative Officer
Brenda Herschbach Jarrell, PhD
Practice Group Leader, Life Sciences & Intellectual Property
Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Members: $460.00
- Government/legal services: $250.00
- Non-members: $560.00
- Conference + BBA Membership Bundle: $685.00
For questions about registration or to take advantage of the conference + membership bundle, please contact Daniel Tillman: 617.778.1948 | email@example.com
Thank You to Our Top Level Sponsors
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Boston Bar educational programs are sponsored in part by the Joan B. DiCola Fund of the Boston Bar Foundation. This fund provides critical support for Boston Bar Association programs and initiatives that foster the education and professional development of lawyers. For more information on the BBF or this fund, please click here.